Sunday, August 16, 2015

Artaturion the island of Losinj

Thanks to Lidija and Os we have a really good weather site for the Croatian coast. This morning when we checked it we realized that an other storm was brewing and to come in to our area around 14.00 hr
Being we only had 20 nm to travel to get to Losinj we decided better leave right away (before 08.00 hr) and get there before it starts to blow. We got to our destination in plenty of time before the storm but when it came it again blew quite hard for a while. We had just gone ashore when it started, and I never feel real comfortable not being on the boat in a situation like that. Again Le reve was fine and never moved, but it is not only your boat you need to worry about but also all the boats anchored next to you. So I quickly finished my Cappuccino and left Joanne to enjoy hers. Once I got to the boat the wind died down considerably but it started to rain quite hard. Not wanting to sit on the boat by myself, I put on my swimming suit and a rain coat, packed my shorts and a towel in a back pack and proceeded to go back to join Joanne.

(Pict to follow)


Above: a view at our anchorage from the restaurant.






the restaurant,s garden.






The next day we moves in an adjacent bay to a marina and stayed there for the night. We had a beautiful sun set.











Going, going .......................................................
.......................................................
Gone.


 

No comments: